- Get involved. Patients who get involved and
assume personal responsibility for recovering
their health often get better results.
- Keep your appointments. The primary way to
achieve the result millions of chiropractic
patients have enjoyed is to keep your
- Strengthen your spine. Dr. Santoliva may
suggest specific exercises to help speed your
recovery. These can help retrain muscles that
support your spine.
- Lift with your legs. Improper lifting can
invite a relapse. Keep your back straight and
the load close to your body as you lift with
- Avoid extreme bending. Use caution when bending
or working overhead. Avoid sudden twists and
- Get adequate rest. Proper rest is an important
aspect of the healing process. Use a mattress
that offers firm support, and avoid sleeping on
- Watch your diet. During the healing process
proper nutrition is more important than ever.
- Ask questions. Proper spinal hygiene is new for
most people. The better you understand your
condition, the faster your recovery.
- Refer others. Share your chiropractic
experience with others. Explain the
relationship between proper spinal function and
nervous since and nervous system function – the
key to true health
<< Back To New Patient Center